Thursday, August 23, 2012

Breaking Away From High School

How can I move beyond "school writing"? I have never written anything besides the papers that I am being graded on or the one’s that I have been required to write. Therefore, I am not sure how I could change from this style of writing. I have many thoughts about different topics but I never think about writing them out on paper, or to write about the information that I already know about. Since high school I am so used to having a certain topic to write about and a certain format to write it in. In order for me to break away from high school I need to become better at being able to express my thoughts and opinions on my own without the help of a set topic or format. I know that my problem with writing my own thoughts is that I do not have enough confidence in my own thoughts to write about them and that is what I need to change in order for me to break away from “school writing”. To help me improve with this and become more confident it would probably benefit me if I started to write down my thoughts. If I began to write out my thoughts it could possibly make me more motivated to write about them and go further into detail. I know that once I begin to write freely I would instantly be able to adjust and not stop writing. This is because my downfall when I would write papers in high school was that I could not write about a topic that did not interest me. Therefore, I am uncertain as to how I could move away from "school writing" but I do know that if I was to it would be very beneficiary to me. It would help me to become more confident in being able to express my thoughts and become more independent as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment