Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Process Of Becoming Confident in Writing

When starting my paper on education I felt nervous and frustrated because I felt that I was not going to be able to write a full essay about the topic. As I began to write I noticed that it was actually a very interesting topic that I was personally able to relate to. I'm proud of my self, because this is one of the first essays that I've been assigned to write where I've had the freedom to choose what I want to write about and not have set guidelines on how to write the essay. Once I began writing it became much easier for me to continue and I no longer was having problems coming up with ideas to write about. What was difficult for me in this paper was, balancing the use of the understandings from the article and my personal experiences. I tend to always do one and not the other when writing. While in this paper, I focused very hard on balancing the two out and I think it was evident in the end and made my paper overall much better. This made me feel very confident in the usage of my personal experiences.

After writing this paper I feel that I have already began to see an improvement in my writing skills. I learned that when I do have doubts in what I am writing to go ahead and ask questions. Coming for help and asking questions overall helped me to have a better understanding of the paper and helped me to stay on topic. From this paper, I learned as a writer to not doubt myself. It is possible for me to write about many different topics, I just need to stop being negative and think that i can't. For my next paper that I start I plan to stay open minded and not become nervous and frustrated upon the start because I know that it is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment