Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Learning New Research Techniques

When I began my research paper I felt that my previous papers I had already completed, did not have good enough context to find research on. Once I finally decided to research my technology topic I found it much easier. I did not have a difficult time finding my sources at all; I actually found about eight different ones. My strategy was once I had them all written down I would go back through each source and highlight the important points. Doing so, helped me to plan out the points that I would be making in my paper. While beginning to write my rough draft I was very confused on exactly how I was suppose to incorporate my research. Once I began to write it became evident to myself, that I was actually better at writing quotes then I thought I was.

I feel that during the completion of this paper, it helped me complete the revision process. Correcting one of our papers encouraged myself to start revising all the other papers. I now understand most of all your comments on my papers and I am able to understand all the grammar mistakes that I have been making. While making my corrections I noticed that on this paper I kept my topic based on myself all throughout the paper. Whereas on my previous papers I tended to change subjects all throughout the paper. I feel that my technique to finding research helped myself very well, so that I never forgot any important points from my sources. After correcting this paper, I feel much more prepared for this portion of my portfolio. I’m glad that I changed my point of view from the beginning of the paper to now because I would have not been able to find such good sources. In result, my main improvement on this paper was learning how to correct my technology paper so that I could tie in important research.

No comments:

Post a Comment