Thursday, November 1, 2012

Realizing How to Form a Topic

While I began to read the different articles upon writing my social responsibility paper, I knew that I needed to read with a different outlook on the paper. When writing my previous papers I always seemed to have a difficult time creating a topic for myself that I could relate too. Therefore, this time I finally realized that I needed to listen to Dr. Horton when he told me not to think about a personal experience in particular while reading the articles, but instead just start off by choosing the article that stands out the most. After doing so, I decided to list different reasons as to why I was interested in the article, “The Last Line of Defense” and the different quotes from the article that stood out to me. Once I made a list and began to brainstorm about all the different ideas, I was instantly able to create a topic from one of the quotes.

I felt much more confident while writing this paper in result to using this method. Once I started to write my rough draft, I felt as I could write for days. I know that when I first wrote my Education Paper, I did not feel this way. I know that I have improved as a writer from my first essay to now, in that I am now able to branch out on different topics. It has taken time for me to realize that I am free to write about anything I want to, but as I continue to write each paper I do see improvement in this. Also, on the previous papers it seemed that I would start each paper off being specific and giving great examples and then towards the end I would start using general word choices. I tried very hard in this paper to stay specific throughout the whole paper, and stay away from general word choices. I hope that I did improve in this area, and that it is evident to the readers. Even though, I do see improvement I know that I am still not the best writer, so I plan to continue and push myself in the next paper to become even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment